Call for Abstracts
The Call for Abstracts for the CSANZ New Zealand Annual Scientific Meeting 2019 is now open.
This is your opportunity to present original research in the oral or newly introduced moderated oral poster presentation categories.
Abstract Submissions may be made under the following themes:
♦ Congenital / Genetics / Paediatrics / Pulmonary
♦ Coronary Artery Disease
♦ Heart Failure
♦ Structural and Valve Disease
♦ Basic Research
The closing date for submissions is Monday 25 February 2019
• When submitting an abstract please follow the guidelines below.
• Abstracts should be typed into this template and saved on your computer for later reference.
• The filename of the Word document should contain alpha/numeric characters only with no spaces.
• The abstract text should be limited to 250 words (excluding title, authors etc).
• The abstract should be typed in Arial font, size 11pt.
• The abstract should include the following headings: Background, Method, Results, Conclusion.
• Do not include author details (neither names nor affiliations) on the abstract document. You will enter these into the
• Paragraphs must be separated by an empty line and must be left justified. Do not indent the first line of a paragraph.
• The online form is compatible with Internet Explorer 9 or up, Mozilla Firefox 5 or up, Google Chrome 7 or up, Apple Safari
5.1 or up. If you are still working in Internet Explorer 8 it is recommended that you update to a newer version as 8 was
deemed EOL (End of Life) in January 2016.
• Abstracts submitted to CSANZ 2019 Australasian Meeting in Adelaide can also be submitted to CSANZ NZ ASM 2019
as we wish to showcase all leading New Zealand research.
• Click this link to access the online abstract submission form.
• You will need to create an account and enter your contact details to begin.
• Please follow all instructions on the online form. If you have any questions please contact
• Once completing the abstract submission process you will receive an email confirming this. If you do not receive an
email within 24hrs, please contact email@example.com.
• Acceptance of abstracts for the Meeting will be based on the outcome of a review. All abstracts will be double peer
reviewed. Presenters will be notified of acceptance by the end of mid-April
Publication of Abstracts
Registration is a prerequisite for publication of abstracts in the final program.
• Closing Date for Submission of Abstracts: 25 February 2019
• Approximate date of acceptance of abstract: mid-April
If you have any queries please don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +64 9 360 1240.
Please indicate on the online abstract form if you are eligible to apply for any of the below Awards.
Please read the Eligibility Criteria relating to each of the award categories and ensure you comply:
- Young Investigators Award
- Nursing Affiliates Investigators Award
- Technician Affiliates Investigators Award
- Poster Awards. If you submit a Poster you will automatically be considered for the Poster Award.
An abstract submitted for the Young Investigators Award must be accompanied by a letter from the Supervisor or Director of the laboratory or service from which the work has emanated and clearly detail the specific contribution made by the applicant towards the work being presented. Please email to email@example.com.
Two CPD scholarships are offered to Affiliate members in 2019. Applications close on 29 March 2019.
- Nurse Affiliates Scholarship Criteria
- Allied Health Affiliates Scholarship Criteria
Further information on the Awards is available at: http://cardiacsociety.org.nz/asm-awards/