General Policies and Guidelines
- Abstracts submitted for an Oral or Poster presentation should be typed into this template and saved on your computer for later reference.
- The filename of the Word document should be named as the first five words of your abstract title. It should contain alpha/numeric characters only.
- The abstract should be typed in Times New Roman font, size 11.
- The abstract text should be limited to 250 words and include the following headings: Background, Method, Results, Conclusion.
- Do not include author details (neither names nor affiliations) on the abstract document. You will enter these into the online form.
Paragraphs must be separated by an empty line and must be left justified. Do not indent the first line of a paragraph.
- Click this link to access the online abstract submission form.
- You will need to create an account and enter your contact details to begin.
- Please follow all instructions on the online form. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
- Once completing the abstract submission process, you will receive an email confirming this. If you do not receive an email within 24hrs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Acceptance of abstracts for the Meeting will be based on the outcome of a review. All abstracts will be double peer reviewed. Presenters will be notified of acceptance mid-April.
Publication of Abstracts
Registration is a prerequisite for publication of abstracts in the final program.
Please indicate on the online abstract form if you are eligible for any of the below Awards. Please note the criteria for award application has been revised.
Please read the eligibility criteria relating to each of the award categories below to ensure you comply:
An abstract submitted for the Young Investigator Award must include:
- An extended abstract of 800 to 1200 words submitted at the time of abstract submission to allow the selection panel to fully evaluate the work.
- A letter from the supervisor or director of the labratory or service from which the work has emanated, clearly detailing the contribution made by the applicant towards the work being presented. This must include the specific contribution of the candidate to the study design, protocol completion, and analysis of results.
Further information on the Awards is available at: https://cardiacsociety.org.nz/asm-awards/
The New Zealand Regional Committee may provide up to 12 travelling scholarships of $1,200 each for Cardiac Society members wishing to attend the ASM. For criteria, please click here.
Applicants must be sent to the Society's New Zealand Executive.
Closing Date for Submission of Abstracts: 1900hrs 6 March 2023
Approximate date of acceptance of abstract: mid-April
If you have any queries please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or +64 9 3601240.