The Call for Abstracts for the CSANZ New Zealand Annual Scientific Meeting 2024 is now open.
This is your opportunity to present original research in the oral or poster (moderated oral poster presentation) categories.
Abstract Submissions have been made under the following themes:
- Congenital / Genetics / Paediatrics / Pulmonary
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Heart Failure
- Structural and Valve Disease
- Translational Research
The closing date for submissions is 2000hrs Monday 4 March 2024
- Abstracts submitted for an Oral or Poster presentation should be typed into this template and saved on your computer for later reference.
- The filename of the Word document should be named as the first five words of your abstract title. It should contain alpha/numeric characters only.
- The abstract should be typed in Arial font, size 11.
- The abstract text should be limited to 250 words and include the following headings: Background, Method, Results, Conclusion.
- Do not include author details (neither names nor affiliations) on the abstract document. You will enter these into the online form.
- Paragraphs must be separated by an empty line and must be left justified. Do not indent the first line of a paragraph.
- Click this link to access the online abstract submission form.
- You will need to create an account and enter your contact details to begin.
- Please follow all instructions on the online form. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
- Once completing the abstract submission process, you will receive an email confirming this. If you do not receive an email within 24hrs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Acceptance of abstracts for the Meeting will be based on the outcome of a review. All abstracts will be double peer reviewed. Presenters will be notified of acceptance mid-April.
Publication of Abstracts
Registration is not required on 2024 as a full ASM is not being held.
Accepted abstracts will be published in the Heart, Lung and Circulation.
Closing Date for Submission of Abstracts: 2000hrs Monday 4 March 2023
Approximate date of acceptance of abstract: late-April
If you have any queries please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or +64 9 3601240.
Call award applicants must be CSANZ members. Not sure if you're a current member of the NZ Region of the Society? Contact the Executive Officer to check/apply for membership. Download the application form here: https://cardiacsociety.org.nz/joining-csanz/
Please indicate on the online abstract form if you are eligible for any of the below Awards. Please note the criteria for award application has been revised.
Please read the eligibility criteria relating to each of the award categories linked below and published on the CSANZ website to ensure you comply:
An abstract submitted for the Young Investigators Award must include:
- An extended abstract of 800 to 1200 words submitted at the time of abstract submission to allow the selection panel to fully evaluate the work.
- A letter from the supervisor or director of the laboratory or service from which the work has emanated, clearly detailing the contribution made by the applicant towards the work being presented. This must include the specific contribution of the candidate to the study design, protocol completion, and analysis of results.
Further information on the Awards is available at: http://cardiacsociety.org.nz/asm-awards/